VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say howdy to everyone and thanks for all of the information provided.........I am a new member and new to driving a TDI........I have recently purchased a 2004 Passat Wagon with 189,000 miles on the clock........It is a one owner vehicle that was "dealer serviced" with meticulous records kept since day one......There are a few questions that I would like to ask once I have taken a thorough journey through the site to see which ones might already have been addressed........
Thanks Again........

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

So from the service records it must have had 2 timing belt replacements at 80k by now? ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Timing belt changed twice

Yes the timing belt,water pump,M tensioner,J roller,etc. were changed at 98,000 and again at 176,000.......The only thing that was never serviced was the automatic transmission,she never had it serviced because her dealer told her that it never needed service (What is up with that?).......The very first thing I did was to change the transmission filter and fluid.......what a difference in the all around performance of the transmission........I find it hard to believe that any one would suggest that a vehicle with 189,000 miles on it would not benefit from a fresh filter and some new juice.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts