VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've been lurking here for a few months. The information here has been very helpful in making my decision to purchase a TDI.

Pulled the string over the weekend and bought a 2010 Jetta TDI:
- Navigation
- DSG
- Sunroof
- 17" Wheels
- iPod Interface

I've been researching cars for a while now (replacing '98 GMC Sonoma with 260,000 miles) and had narrowed the choice to the Jetta or a Honda Civic. We drove a Civic last week and liked it. This weekend we had a chance to visit a VW dealership. As soon as we sat in the Jetta my wife said, "Oh, this is sooo much nicer than the Civic." Took if for a spin and the rest is history.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm at the end of my first week commuting (47 miles one-way) with the new car and I'm lovin' it! Acceleration is so much better than I had with the truck. The ride's a little rough on some of the crappier sections of freeway I drive, but I guess that's the price you pay for good handling.

I'm averaging (according to the car) 39.7 mpg since driving it off the lot. That seems pretty good to me for the first 700 miles. My only complaint so far is a very minor nit; when listening to the iPod, the first 2 seconds of a new track get lost. That's no a big deal for music, but it kinda sucks with audio books.

Here are a few pics to alleviate the worthlessness of this thread.:D

[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2900230420034187285DCOOKF][/URL]
(That's the old ride in the background.)

·
Registered
51 Posts
You must be happy with the mpg vs. the Sonoma. Is this your first TDI or VW? It feels much more powerful than a Civic to say the least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts