VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Golf with the ALH engine. Lots of problems over the years but still going and has amazing fuel economy.
Have replaced timing belt myself, and most recently replaced rear wiper and replaced all the wiring from the cabin into the hatch. That wiring used a poor quality insulation, probably PVC, which is terrible for use in an area that flexes every time you open and close the hatch. All the wire insulation broke, right in the same area, and started shorting all the wires. Replaced all this with silicone insulation wires.
Trying to get it back on the road after replacing rear calipers, hard break lines and parking brake cables.

·
Super Moderator
9,339 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

After being prompted. ;)

As I said in your other thread.

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts