VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I will be doing a timing belt on our 06 golf here in the next month or so. I have ordered the parts necessary from a vendor. I will have questions, I am sure of this. I am currently looking for some parts for the car. Suggestions on where to get some used parts. We are looking for the arm rest for the car. The upper lid is broken and won't stay in place.

I have a timing related question as well. The car seems to sometimes idle on the low side. This is our 2nd tdi and don't remember the other one ever doing this. You can stall the car by letting out on the clutch. We could not stall the other one, I could let out on the clutch and the car would go. Could this be timing related? After doing the belt and components I will need to get the timing checked.

Thanks
Theront

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Salvage yard is best bet for those types of misc parts. You could try the vwvortex classifieds. Ebay sells armrests but stay away from the made in China parts that sell for cheap because their plastic is brittle and will break again.

Stalling could be clutch related (bad flywheel), air bubble in clutch fluid line. Probably not timing related. If your other TDI was a pre-PD (pre 2004), they definitely can just let the clutch and go. PD seem to require some "throttle" to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would explain most of it. The other TDI was a 98. So it was an ALH. The motor doesn't seem as responsive on the bottom end especially at idle, it will almost seem like it wants to stall occasionally. Like the rpms are dropping on it, a quick blip of the accelerator and it is right back up.

Thanks
Theron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts