VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I own a 2002 TDI New Beetle and I currently live in Albany, NY.

I brought my New Beetle in to the dealership on 4/1/2011 for some problems, mainly the loss of acceleration/performance (due to use of biodiesel_10% ?). The mechanic said I had a clogged intake.
The intake was cleaned and the Intake Manifold gasket, EGR Valve Gasket, and EGR Metal Gasket were replaced. All this costing over $500!
After I took the car home I did notice that it was peppier, but when I shut my car down my engine dieseled or should I say had an extra "chug" before sounding like it died rather than shut down smoothly. Also, the severity or length of the dieseling upon shut down is not consistent.
Returned to the dealer. They said that it was probably residual carbon that is present that needs to be burned off. They said this could be causing the intake not to seal properly, causing it to diesel when shut down. I was told that since my engine performance was increased dramatically from the intake cleaning that I should be happy and not worry about this new problem unless my check engine light came on.
What should I do? My engine shut down "properly/immediately" before cleaning and now it doesn't!
I am frustrated and trying to learn the lingo so please be basic in your response. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
A couple of things you could check are the asv (anti shudder valve) in the intake, make sure it fully closes and also the fuel shut off solonoid on the IP, it might be a bit clogged with the bio.:)

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts