VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to introduce myself Jeep Taylor, Jeffersonville IN. Wifes Jetta, loss of power won't get out of its own way. Has 72,000 miles this is first problem other than couple glow plugs and a GP relay. Could it be egr valve and intake carbon build up? I run bio-diesel that I make in a 50/50 ratio of pump diesel and my fuel. Also with the mileage do I need to be ready for a timing belt soon. Thanks. Sorry for the long post. Jeep

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It is probably not the EGR and intake buildup since the PD and newer engine regulated it much better. There will be some buildup but it shouldn't be to the point of causing such low power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chittychittybangbang. I have a 97 ford f250 with 7.3 powerstroke and am comfortable working on it, just have to get my courage up for the Jetta. Have any tips on where to start. It had 1 code that was underboost if I remember right. Thanks in advance for help and advice. Jeep

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Start by getting the error codes. I would not throw any parts at it without getting the error codes first. Some of the more advanced troubleshooting requires use of a VCDS tool since it's needed to read the sensors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chittychittybangbang. Gotta find someone close with vag-com. Got a larger problem right now. Storms this week damaged roof and ceiling of daughters bedroom collapsed. No injuries just messed up house. Thanks for all help and advice. Be back here in a few days. Jeep

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loss of power

Another BRM cam bites the dust. I found a mechanic that I trust and its in shop now. Just called today gave me the good news about the worn lobes on cam. Going to shop Monday to see for myself. Still dealing with insurance company about damages to house. Too many irons in fire. Thanks chittychitty bangbang for advise will keep posting on progress. This should not happen at 72,000 miles. Jeep:bangshead:bangshead:bangshead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts