VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,, from ireland and have had two vw's up to two weeks ago, a passat which i sold to buy a skyline, and still have a 01 caddy which is having a few small problems.

Have to say, been reading couple of threads and great fourm, loads of info:bowdown

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
95 GTST tweaked a bit, have the caddy for towing it to drifting etc. and because its diesel, hope to get 50mpg out of it + tune it up a bit power-wise with its own engine(ALH). It stutters at the minute just as it returns back to idle????????????? Havnt a monkeys why.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I have this engine shudder as well when rpm drop. Since i have a few mods. I was told to adjust the injection quantity. There is a excellent article on this in the 1000q :FAQ How to adjust and test fuel IQ. I dont know if your vehicle has this type of injection pump but I do experience a similiar problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool. i was wondering if this pump set up was mechanically adjustable. Yes same pump. I presumed when i saw a lack of screws on it that it was totally electronic and thus expensive. My first thought was maby a loose connection to the stop solenoid:eek:. She never puts out smoke no matter how hard rev'd so will see about this when i get back home in few days. Will let yas kno how it goes

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ammm good and bad

shudder has been worked out:D, apparently there was too much fuel:eek,

Rite now my other problem, when I accelerate, the van looses its extra shove from the turbo at about 2400rpm in second gear and in a linear fashion down to 2000rpm in fifth gear.

This is the exact same as before I turned the diesel down but now with alot less power(as expected) when in the turbo range that is left(2000-2400rpm max), then the same after that-nearly no power whatsoever.:confused: Help please

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
The same thing just happened to me.
turned the IQ up from about 3.2 to 3.8
studder is gone
but way less power after 2500 even if the pedal is mashed!

wondering whats up..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im very tempted to get the 1Y engine that I had in my inca that is now in my buggy and throw it into the caddy. I have one wire to the stop solenoid, starter and alternator, thats it!

All these sensors & solenoids:annoyed

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
There's a guy goes by the name of ryanp on the tdiclub who has the caddy with the ALH and is running it at 150bhp with some bigger nozzles and a tune, can't do that with the fiat.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a guy goes by the name of ryanp on the tdiclub who has the caddy with the ALH and is running it at 150bhp with some bigger nozzles and a tune, can't do that with the fiat.:)
What do you mean 'fiat' ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts