VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought our a 2015 Sportwagon TDI the day before the deisel gate scandal announcement. We woke the next morning to the news reports. Yay! Anyways we really like the car and have gone through all the things necessary to keep it. It's got a couple of issues at present. 1) It seems to have developed a leak in the roof at the base of the roof rack( front and rear mounting point-pass side). 2) There is a 10amp fuse that blows intermittently causing the glow plug light and check engine lights to come on and the car to go into " limp" mode. I figure the roof leak should be an easy fix if I can figure out how to drop the headliner down but the fuse thing is a bit more concerning because the dealer couldn't, or wouldn't, tell me what caused it or even what systems that fuse covers. Very frustrating. We are loving the 50mpg when we occasionally make the drive to Ventura to visit the grandkids though.

Robert from Nor Cal

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

As I posted in your conversation:

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

We Are Live - Moderator Feedback

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Fuse & Relay PDF Files

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keith. I have a regular OBDll scanner. Would that give me the codes I need? Seems like the first time I pulled the codes I couldn’t find anything to verify the particular codes for VW. I did get some thing that gave me possibly three or four systems( pressure sensor for turbo/supercharger, a couple others that I don’t remember) but it looked like the codes were proprietary for VW. I will pull them again and post them.

Robert

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
There are plenty of cheap EODB II scanners on the market which are for all makes and models not VAG only. They can give false results.

As for finding the results of what they mean you can Google or Free EOBD II Error Codes software

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And seemed to be the issue. VW doesn't share their proprietary codes freely. It said something like it couldn't verify what those particular codes indicated and one would have to contact the company for specific information.
Well I tried that and the dealership won't even give me the info. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I just looked at Amazon and I can buy a vagcom cable for my laptop that professes to be able to read the vw codes but will it tell me what system has the issue based on that code?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts