VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Just picked up a 2006 Jetta TDI this week. I've already started to tear into it to get an AUX input (I have the MFD2 with SAT and the external CD Changer). I'm hoping to get the Frybrid WVO conversion kit for Christmas. My favorite sushi place has already agreed to hook me up with all the WVO I can carry (ironic as I go there to eat uncooked foods).

I guess the only real question I have is why is Bluetooth so flippin' expensive?! I have the steering wheel controls - paid a premium for that feature assuming it included the hardware to drive it? Silly me.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You can add an aftermarket kit but an OEM 9w2 or 9w3 bluetooth retrofit will work.

Check out the FAQ article on ipod adapters. I found a great ipod adapter on ebay with the aux-in on one end and an ipod end on the other. The problem was that I couldn't find 12v switched power so it won't charge. As a test, I tapped my constant 12v to see if it charged 5V because the adapter had a sticker that said 5V, and it did charge. It just had a lot of noise from the car's electrical system. That cable is only for the MFD2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts