VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 jetta TDI TB change. 1st belt on a A5. Tools coming and i got part 1 but i need part 2 of the DIY. I found your sight on a post at TDIclub.com. I wanted to let everyone know that is a great post. I haven't got part 2 yet. I have changed TB belts on VW diesels on all dating back to the 80's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did my belt, timing didn't change. (-1.5) I think i will check my cam today while i change my timining. I am going to set it at 0 and see if my milage goes up or down. I drive 150 miles a day so it wont take that long to see how my MPG is. Sorry i didn't repond to your reply. I realy didn't think anyone would. I have used 5 of the DIY's on this forum. You have done a great job. Not to sound like a jerk, but it sure makes life for me easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About renting tools thats nice and helpful for a lot of people. I have a OCD problem. I have to buy tools and i will be changing my belt at least one more time and i have another friend that bought one and he will need them as well. I think i am ready to part ways with my old VW tools from the 1990 models. They are to slow and i got sick of changing headgaskets. Is there a place on this sight for people with Vag com that will share. I am in the Rockford, IL. area and i have Vag com.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Make a post in the general section or the VCDS section with your location in the title for the greatest chance that someone local to you will see it. Or keep visiting, that's why location is a required field when you sign up :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts