VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a lot of VW's and Audi's, but the JSW TDI we bought is our first diesel. I've been a member of Vortex and a few other forums for a while, but just came across this one last night. I've seen a few posts about issues with the steering wheel not being centered and the alignment being off. Ours is having the same issue. I'm going to make an appointment Monday to get it checked out. It feels like the car is starting to shake a little while driving. The tires could be wearing unevenly. My other VW is having an issue right now also. I have a 2010 Tiguan and for some reason from time to time the doors won't unlock with the key fobs. I've had to pop the key cover off to get in three times now. After I start the car and drive it a little the key fob works again. It does it with both key fobs.
Anyways, I'm in Charleston, WV and have a vag-com if anyone needs anything changed on their cars.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! You haven't learned your lesson yet after that many VW and Audi :D That is very strange about the key fob, I have no idea why it would fix itself like that.welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, not yet.
I've had:
1995 GTI VR6
2001 GTI 1.8T
2010 GTI 2.0T
2001.5 A4 1.8T w/ GT2871R
2003 A4 1.8T
1998 Jetta GT
2003 Jetta 1.8T
2010 JSW TDI
2009 Tiguan
2010 Tiguan
2001 Passat VR6
And a few others I can't remember right now. Not in that particular order either.
:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sold the 2010 GTI after my son was born to get the Tiguan for more room. I traded the 2009 Tiguan for the 2010 because they gave me more than I paid for the 2009 on trade-in and it has close to 60k miles on it. I figured I wouldn't get crap out of it if I waited and the miles went up much more. The 03 Jetta was my wife's car and the Audi's and GTI's were mine. At one time we had 5 cars between the 2 of us. The A4 with the GT2871R had too many issues because of the chip it was running. A little bit of advise; don't ever buy anything from UniTronic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts