VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick intro. My wife and I each purchaced 2011 Golf TDI's. We had been driving a 2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4X4 and a 2007 Toyota FJC 4X4 heavily modded. We had a lot of fun with these rigs and they were very reliable. With the cost of gas going no where but up, we decided to bit the bullit and go with something more fuel efficient. Hybrids were looked at, but we decided on the diesel's. Hope we have made the right choice.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! You'll really like the Golf but why not a Golf and a wagon? His and hers? I hope the dealer gave you a good deal!

welcometomyturbodies
Thanks for the welcome chitty. They did give us a pretty good deal. On the Toyota FJ they gave me $20K Canadian. It was lifted 3" with the biggest meats I could stuff in the wheel wells. Also had steel bumpers front and back, rock rails I fabbed myself and a 12K winch in the front. Was used mostly offroad. They gave the wife $23K for her Nissan Frontier. She only had it 7 months and was having major rust issues on the underside. Surface rust front to back. Was pretty bad. We're not really the wagon type so didn't look at those. The savings in fuel alone going to 2 diesels is going to be substantial. With the 2 4X4's we were spending about $560/month on gas. With these 2 TDI's that should be cut in 1/2. :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Member From Ontario, Canada

Just a quick intro. My wife and I have joined the world of 2011 Golf TDI's. We both bought these TDI's about 3 weeks ago. She traded in a 2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4X4. I traded in a 2007 Toyota FJCruiser heavily modded for offroad use. Steel bumpers, 12K winch etc, etc. These were great vehicles, but not at all fuel efficient. With the new TDI's our fuel bills should be dropping a bunch. :D This is my first diesel. So far it's been a hoot learning about them and I'm very impressed with the get up and go of this little 2.0 liter turbocharged engine. Lots of low end torque. Hope we never experience the HPFP failures that I keep reading about.:eek

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Two intros? I thought this sounded familiar, post merged, if you want to post another intro here are some more preemptive hellos!welcometomyturbodieswelcometomyturbodies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts