VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hi there im half way through doing a headgasket on my tdi 110 asv engine.ive read not to have it skimmed so im trying not to skim it but where the water jacket has leaked into the bore there is a mark on the head which i dont think ill get out by sanding alone.is there anything i can do or is it a new head job?help is appreciated as im rocking my other halfs 1.0 micra until the golf is fixed!thank u. dan.alzo do the heads off the alh/afn series engines fit and work?any differencs in electrics?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I just read last night that you can skim them but just not by much, if you have a local engineering firm they should be able to advise on it I would've thought but other than that someone else here will know more.:)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Don't know if they can be swapped but they should fit. Don't know of any differences since we didn't have the AFN engines in NA.

Yes you can skim the head, try to find a local TDI shop so that they know what they're talking about. It won't affect the compression but you still have to check the valve specs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts