VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it Monday, and so far I love it. Everything runs perfect, but I'm trying to get the technology and GPS all set up to my tastes.

So far a few things that bother me though. This has the smaller MDF and no second steering wheel buttons. So I have to use the windshield wiper controls which is fine. But there is no oil or engine temperature in there. There is no "settings" menu anywhere to change any of the settings other than the normal stuff. You have to go to each selection and you can reset things, and you can set the warning speed etc, but there is no way to get to all the other options.

So since there is no temperature guages or oil pressure or electrical information, do I just wait for it to fail to let me know?

I have tried to get it into the menus multiple ways but I just can't seem to find the right combination. Usually if you are parked there will be a multiple button combo that'll get you into the options/setting. Anyone know what it is?

I also want to change the temp from Celsius to F. No option for that either. I found a way to display MPH instead of KM but that is it.

The manuals are spotty and don't describe each individual option the best.

I went to the dealership and even their top techs were scratching their heads on some of the technology. None of them knew even if I could use an SDCard to update the nav to the latest. I Already found out of date parts in the map.

Other than these little gripes about the technology and getting it set up to my tastes the car itself is where they put most of the work and I'm extremely satisfied so far. Lets see how I feel two years from now :)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The last time I checked, there were no SD card map updates. It will probably come out early next year. The maps are from Navteq. Not sure the other stuff but a VCDS should be able to change the C to F if there's no menu option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last time I checked, there were no SD card map updates. It will probably come out early next year. The maps are from Navteq. Not sure the other stuff but a VCDS should be able to change the C to F if there's no menu option.
Thanks for the info. Yeah I heard there was no firmware or map updates. I was hoping maybe they'd add some features like being able to zoom out more, allow for dialing of POI etc.. As well as updating the maps.

Crap I was just at the dealership though. They didn't have a clue how to. He was in my car trying to figure it out and couldn't.

My voice activation actually came in french instead of English and they were able to fix that though :)

I just would feel safer knowing what the engine temp is.. oil pressure, battery status. Would all be helpful.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Buy yourself a scanner and hook it up to the bus interface permanently if you require all that information continuously.

In their infinite wisdom, car manufacturers have determined that good/bad are the only two 'readings' for any important thing that most drivers (should) care about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buy yourself a scanner and hook it up to the bus interface permanently if you require all that information continuously.

In their infinite wisdom, car manufacturers have determined that good/bad are the only two 'readings' for any important thing that most drivers (should) care about.
So you are saying there is no option for Engine Temp or anything like that that can be put in the center MFD??

Supposedly you can get into a "settings" area and change some preferences including the bluetooth preferences from being forced into saying "Last, First" to "First Last" instead. I don't have any of these options..

I wonder if I get a vag com I can change some of those things?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts