VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new complete set of oem hids, 10-12 pin harness adapters and Vag-Com. I placed the hids on the engine and connected the harnesses disabled Dlr's, enabled bixenon w/shutter installed. the part # for the cecm is 3c0-937-049 q which I believe is the highline because I previously installed the oem fogs to the cecm and they function properly. The hids don't light up, no turn sigs or parking lights and then throws a lamp code. The car is an 06.5 tdi model, is there other modules needed? Can someone that has made this install explain please?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I checked and that part number is a highline CECM. No other modules are needed. Are all plugs fully seated? I couldn't figure out why my plug wouldn't seat down until I noticed a tab inside the xenon headlight plug. I couldnt' figure out how to make it go down either.

Are the locks on the plugs engaged? Make sure none of the pins have backed out.

I think I may have found your problem. You wrote me "enabled bixenon w/shutter installed and w/out shutter installed". Here you wrote bixenon w/shutter installed. Only enable one and not the other. They are mutually exclusive - you can't have bixenon with and without shutter installed. I thought you meant you clicked one and then tried the other.

If you installed pin 11 to the CECM you click only bixenon w/shutter installed. If you didn't install pin 11 to the CECM you only click bixenon without shutter installed. Also try declicking both of them so that: DRLs are off and the car thinks you have halogen lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only enabled the xenon settings one at a time with no effect. I will take a better look at the connectors to see if there is any material that needs shaving for a proper seat.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
It's possible that a pin was bent. It should be obvious if it's not seating correctly though, the plug should be all the way on and click. The same thing with the adapters.

The last thing is to take a multimeter and check all the adapter pins for bad connections. To have one bad ballast, bulb, or igniter is possible, to have 2 is unlikely. You could also screw off the cover for the igniter and make sure they are tight. There's a small plug that will pop out if you try to turn it to the "open' position.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
FYI, here is the wire diagram from malooschek. I edited it to remove the wires not relevant to your install. Trace the wires on your adapter. Pins 5-10 should all go to pins 5-10 on the adapter. The other pins are unused.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have you checked the adapters to make sure they are wired correctly? Each wire 5-10 should go straight to the same pin on the other adapter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your help, turns out the folks over at TDIparts sent me the wrong harnesses and 2 different headlights. One is ece the other is non-ece. Jesus I felt like a kid in a candystore when i received them that I didn't bother to look. The vendor said he will exchange everything. I am gonna go with the ece hids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts