VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiancee just got herself a 2000 Beetle. We have two master keys, but it appears that one of the immobilizers isn't right. We got a couple new remotes because one of them doesn't work and the other doesn't work well. I ended up using the "bad" key in the ignition and the alarm went off, so I need help with getting that RFID chip to work with the immobilizer. Gonna see if another guy's post doesn't help me out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I was looking at. Looking at the "Problem's not caused by the immobilizer" section makes me think that I may be wrong. Apparently the immobilizer will just kill the engine after a couple of seconds, not set off the alarm. Anyone know why my alarm is going off when I try to turn the ignition to on with a key that opens both the door and trunk?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'm not sure what I was doing to blow up the alarm, but that isn't happening anymore. New problem. Again, 2000 Beetle. Two new remotes. Need them programed. I've tried probably 5 different variations of the "turn on the ignition, lock from outside, press twice, unlock, turn off" with various suggested timings and everything and I still can't get them to work. Assistance please!

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
It's all in the faq or have you tried all that?

The alarm problem might've been caused by a faulty door switch.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the "To Program your keyless remote" section is concerned, I've followed it perfectly. I've also tried holding the key in the lock position for 15 seconds. I've pressed the new buttons more than the described times with no response whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It's possible you have a ground, wiring, problem related to the CCM. The CCM module controls the keyless entry and alarm along with stuff like power windows. Again, the immobilizer has nothing to do whatsoever with the alarm or starter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's possible you have a ground, wiring, problem related to the CCM. The CCM module controls the keyless entry and alarm along with stuff like power windows. Again, the immobilizer has nothing to do whatsoever with the alarm or starter.
As far as the alarm going off on me, I'm thinking I was just letting it essentially lock me in and then when you try to turn the ignition the alarm sounds. Just need help with the programming of the new remotes now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've noticed that the windows are supposed to roll themselves up if you hold the key in the lock position, but I've tested and this isn't working on her car. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I've noticed that the windows are supposed to roll themselves up if you hold the key in the lock position, but I've tested and this isn't working on her car. Any ideas?
I'm pretty sure that on the mk4 cars you can't disable this function. You can disable it on the newer cars since they have a field to do it.

This would either be a problem with the door lock switch, door wiring, door boot wiring, or the CCM since the CCM controls power windows, alarm, and remote functions.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
This is just a guess based on the limited information we have here, but first try getting any error codes. This would be the first step in narrowing down the problem to more than a guess.

Then try to connect to the CCM module with a VCDS tool. Ross tech sells them and the purpose is to try to see if you can connect and change any settings. If so, the CCM might be working, might not. If you just want to try replacing it, you could try replacing the CCM with an identical one.

Also, post moved to mk4 section since it's stretching out beyond a quick intro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts