VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with the DSG transmission and the RNS-510 navigation system. I wanted to upgrade my Bluetooth capabilities by switching the 9w2 Bluetooth module my car came with to the 9w7 module; I wanted not only the phonebook to display on the MID and the navigation screen but wanted to enable voice activation of the system so I could place calls even easier. I purchased the newest version of the 9w7 module from an individual in Colorado who obtained it from a VW dealer in Europe; the part # is 5K0 035 730 B. I was told by this individual (and a parts guy at 1stVWParts confirmed this) that this part is the replacement for the now discontinued 7P6 035 730 C module. The internet dealer told me that if a 7P6... module is ordered now, you would actually get the 5K0... module. I installed the module very easily (it is just plug and play) and the phonebook now displays and I can scroll down the entries to find the name of the party I wish to call. The problem is that despite doing the soft coding change recommended on this website, the push to talk button on the steering wheel still does not seem to be active to enable voice recognition. The soft code I used was 0001732, which was a change from the 0001532 that was the original soft code since my car is a Sportwagen (i.e. has a rear wiper), has an automatic transmission, but it is the DSG transmission instead of the Tiptronic transmission. At the suggestion of someone on a vwvortex forum, I also enabled voice operation by making a small coding change in the telephone menu since just doing the soft coding change in the steering wheel control meny did not enable this feature. However, it still does not seem to work, although I am not sure in which menu I am supposed to push the PTT button to make a call by saying a party's name and I am not sure how I would know it is enabled. Any suggestions anyone has to allow me to use this desirable feature of the 9w7 module would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
From any menu the push to talk button should work. Push it and say help and it will give you a list of commands. The coding should work if you set it correctly but if not, the push to talk button becomes the radio mute button like before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From any menu the push to talk button should work. Push it and say help and it will give you a list of commands. The coding should work if you set it correctly but if not, the push to talk button becomes the radio mute button like before.
I have tried saying 'help' but nothing happens. I know that the button itself is OK since the mute function was working until I made the change in the coding; now the sound doesn't mute when it is pushed, but nothing else happens either. I'll review my coding again tomorrow and be sure there are no errors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
what does the microphone button on your wheel do? did you recode it for PTT active? I prefer it to stay the same as a mute button and you press the overhead phone button for voice control.

It'll make a sound and you say call whoever on mobile, home work whatever. and it'll scream back at you call whoever on whatever? and you say yes or no.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what does the microphone button on your wheel do? did you recode it for PTT active? I prefer it to stay the same as a mute button and you press the overhead phone button for voice control.

It'll make a sound and you say call whoever on mobile, home work whatever. and it'll scream back at you call whoever on whatever? and you say yes or no.
Neither my steering wheel PTT button or my overhead phone button activate voice control. It is a frustrating problem. I have to believe that I just don't have the correct coding to allow the voice control option, but I've exhausted all that I know (based on reading numerous posts on this and other VW enthusiast websites) to do to get it working. I guess I may just need to live with just having the phonebook available in the MFD and on the navi screen and forget about voice control, as much as that irritates me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok Here's my coding, i have a MFSW with paddles

Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY9.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 CD HW: 1K0 953 549 CD
Component: J0527 056 0111
Coding: 0001632
Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
VCID: 76CD36B97841

Part No: 5K0 959 542
Component: E221__MFL-TAS H06 0010
Coding: 00000131
Shop #: WSC 00000

No fault code found.

Address 77: Telephone (J412) Labels: 3C8-035-730-A.lbl
Part No SW: 3C8 035 730 A HW: 3C8 035 730 A
Component: Telefon 007 0078
Revision: -------- Serial number: 35909603027881
Coding: 020000010100000000000400
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
ASAM Dataset: EV_UHVPremi A01005
ROD: EV_UHVPremi_VW36.rod
VCID: 216735E5814F

No fault code found.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When i upgraded the 9w2 to the 9w7 in my GTI the only coding that was required to make the steering wheel work was changing the steering wheel coding. I didn't have to change any coding in the telephone section. I would try putting the telephone coding back to stock and only change out the coding for the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Neither my steering wheel PTT button or my overhead phone button activate voice control. It is a frustrating problem. I have to believe that I just don't have the correct coding to allow the voice control option, but I've exhausted all that I know (based on reading numerous posts on this and other VW enthusiast websites) to do to get it working. I guess I may just need to live with just having the phonebook available in the MFD and on the navi screen and forget about voice control, as much as that irritates me.
Tdiidman,

I have the same car did the same swap 9w7 on a 2010 JSW TDI and now have the same issue as you no voice control. Did you figure yours out?

Everything else seems to work ok except the bluetooth button does not display it is activiating the search mode on the MFD.

Brandon

·
Registered
4 Posts
i successfully got the voice control to work with the RNS510, all comands works except navigation voiceover, it doesnt recognise it? Would this be the firmware update needed on the rns510?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been trying to code a module to make the steering wheel voice button work with no luck. I did an auto scan today and sent it to Dana at Ross Tech. With the old 9W7 it works fine, but with the newer module when you press the button it doesn't do anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts