VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Passat tdi with the dsg trans. The car is making a very loud high pitch whining noise Only when driving more I accelerate the louder it gets and also at a stop it’s like the torque converter is not kicking in right away because I’ll let off the brake peddle at it will
Take a few seconds for the car to
Move. Called vw dealers and they are saying it’s a turbo but they want to charge me a few hours to diagnose it And if it’s turbo it’s covered under warranty, I’m thinking it’s the tq converter and if it is going to take it to a different shop that’s very very good and half the price of vw. What do y’all think it would be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a 2012 Passat TDI. On inclines, there's a slight pause before moving when you take your foot off the brake. It is by design. It's the "Hill Hold" feature. In an automatic transmission it keeps the brake on for 2 seconds after taking your foot off the pedal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 Passat tdi with the dsg trans. The car is making a very loud high pitch whining noise Only when driving more I accelerate the louder it gets and also at a stop it’s like the torque converter is not kicking in right away because I’ll let off the brake peddle at it will
Take a few seconds for the car to
Move. Called vw dealers and they are saying it’s a turbo but they want to charge me a few hours to diagnose it And if it’s turbo it’s covered under warranty, I’m thinking it’s the tq converter and if it is going to take it to a different shop that’s very very good and half the price of vw. What do y’all think it would be?
I didn't have this same issue with my 2012 Jetta TDI but when my turbo went out after the emissions modification, all repairs were covered including a loaner car from the dealer. It was with the dealer a little over 3 months waiting for the turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts