VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a lot on the tdiforums but I'm not getting help so I decided to try over here :)

I have a BRM that is in limp mode.
The turbo actuator works good with a vacuum pump....... and holds vacuum.
The N75 makes over 25 ??s of vacuum but does not cycle when it should.
no codes
I put an N75 from an ALH on it and it cycles nicely.
When I hooked everything back up to my turbo I still do not get very much boost at all. it goes from 950 mbar to 1140 mbar at wot when it shows that it is asking for much more.
Then I got the code 000665 = Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached
which kinda makes sense. Does this mean that the N75s are different from ALH to BRM or that I have another problem?

for more detailed stuff you can look at my post on the tdiforums....
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=323392

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I believe the N75 are different, and the mbar are absolute, not relative. In other words, it should show ambient air pressure even at idle? Clear the code and with the right part, see if it works.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the BRM N75 back on and it showed to be working with my vacuum guage. However, I am still not getting any boost at all and the engine actually ran away on me!!! I turned it off and pulled the key and it still kept running. I had to turn the key on and off a couple times before it quit. It starts up and idles nicely now but I'm afraid to drive it again? Now I'm really freaked out!! ???

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
This is on a 2005-2006 mk5 Jetta right? Your profile also says 2000 Jetta TDI. The throttle on the BRM is much stronger, an electric motor than the vac-spring flap on the ALH and I am surprised that it would run away. Do you mean revvd very high?
Are all wiring and vac lines attached correctly? Turbo not seized and pouring out oil?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this is a 2005.5. I don't think it actually ran away I'm just having ignition issues..... no oil in intercooler line. I have everything hooked up right now and I think I'm finally able to get boost but I havn't really checked because every time I just start to boost there is a terrrible screeching from the turbo/Egr cooler area. :( Could my turbo be making that noise?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
If the oil line is clogged you could be having low oil pressure to the turbo and worn bearings. If there's a terrible screeching, can you take off the intake and exhaust pipe to visually inspect the wheels? If they're worn down and you see lots of scratches on the housing, replace turbo ASAP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts