VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend was driving our car home today (2006 Jetta TDI - Manual) when she was getting on the off ramp of the interstate and she went to disengage the clutch as she was slowing down. She couldn't get the car in gear, and the clutch pedal was stuck down on the floor. Once I drove to wear she was stranded I lifted the clutch pedal off the floor with my hand, and then pressed on the clutch and it went with normal pressure untill it got halfway down and then the pedal becomes pretty much rock solid. The clutch pedal will no longer disengage all the way and is really hard. Needless to say the car was towed home and now I am lost trying to figure out if i have a hydraulic problem such as a slave cylinder issue, or if something took a dump with the actual clutch/pressure plate. Any help would be absolutely awesome. Also if it is a clutch what is the best upgrade for these cars?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Clutch pedal on the floor is normally a loss of hydraulic fluid. Do you have low fluid? That wouldn't explain why the pedal becomes rock solid though. Maybe the rod is bent? Is something under the pedal jamming it?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no hydraulic fluid loss that i can tell. Everything seems dry, and the master cylinder is full. When i pulled the clutch pedal up off of the floor it seemed like i had to overcome something. The the clutch pedal felt like normal until halfway down when the pedal becomes rock hard. I talked to a local TDI repairman and he seemed certain that the DMF took a crap. So needless to say i have a G60/VR6 SMF clutch setup on order that should be here next week. It was the Tdi guys recommondation that this was a good setup, so i hope that holds true. Setup is supposed to be able to hold 300 lb-ft so that'll be welcomed. Hopefully transmission R+R goes smoothly, never done one on a fwd car before.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I replaced my flywheel and clutch two weeks ago with the G60 and a 22lb.flywheel and it is working great. If you go to 1000 questions answered at the beginning of this forum there is a 20 page do it yourself removal of the 5 spd. transmission. Not knowing anything about it, it took me 5 hours on my back under a jacked up car to get it out. It only took about 3 hrs to get it all back in and running. Good luck, you can do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts