VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some maintenance on my car during christmas break. When my dad and I were taking the injector lines off the pump and injectors, we got all the lines loose but the number two cylinder to the pump... it is off of the injector. Now the union is loose in the IP head, and its rounded off pretty bad. I think I'm going to have to cut the line to get it out. the only problem i have with doing that is I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GET FUEL LINES! i've looked everywhere that i know of online and everywhere around here where I live off line.
please help

thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Junkyard can sell you a set. If you want only that line, you can get one from the dealer.

The #2 fuel line is VW# 038 130 302 (038130302). For reference, #1 is 038 130 301 (038130301). #3 is 038 130 303 (038130303), and #4 is 038 130 304 (038130304).

Some tips: get the special union wrench with the slot or take a cheap wrench and cut a slot in it. Or use some PB Blaster and let soak to help loosen the nut.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you
the dealer has that line for $83.40 USD. is this too much to pay? seems a little overpriced for just a small piece of steel...

looks like i may be checking the junk yards

as for the union... is that a dealer part as well? or is there a site that will sell me one?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
thank you
the dealer has that line for $83.40 USD. is this too much to pay? seems a little overpriced for just a small piece of steel...

looks like i may be checking the junk yards

as for the union... is that a dealer part as well? or is there a site that will sell me one?
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/23349-post8.html :)

The union is VW# 028 130 795 j (028130795j). Other than a Bosch part distributor I don't know where you could buy it other than dealer or online dealer. Try 1stvwparts.com. Their parts prices are good but I've noticed their shipping is a little high/expensive/slow. They're in WA which is as far as possible from me.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks raulrs,
should i be worried getting used lines? like potential failure? or is it hard for these lines to fail?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts