VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am new to this site. Lots of helpful info. I have a 2005 Jetta Wagon tdi with turbo issues. It has no power on hills(down to 50km/hr or 30mph on steep grades), max speed on flats is 100km/hr or 60mph and when I kick down it over revs (stays in 3rd until I release the pedal). I am getting 2 trouble codes, p0234 turbo overboost condition and p2564 turbo boost control sensor A circuit low. The actuator on the turbo moves freely by hand and I can see it move when the car is started so I'm assuming no vacuum issues. I switched out the n75 control valve with the egr valve as a test (no improvement). Is there any other solenoids to check? Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm stumped!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I wonder if you have one of those turbos with the wiring going to it, apparently it can get a bit chewed up and need sorting out, I think that's what might be wrong with your car but I'll have to double check. I remember reading about it at the begining of the year and I'm sure it was the same code and same issues caused by it. If I find it I'll post back.:)

welcometomyturbodies

Yeh there's wiring for the actuator and it either needs replaced or the actuator needs replaced if possible, there's 3 wires that go to a connector for the actuator and it's them that go bad. If you need more I could try finding a how to for it or someone else might already have it.:)

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

VAG Error Code: 16618
EOBD II Error Code: P0234

Fault Location:
Turbocharger (TC), engine boost condition - limit exceeded

Possible Cause:
Hose connection(s).
Wiring.
Turbocharger (TC) wastegate regulating valve.
Turbocharger (TC) wastegate.

EOBD II Error Code: P2564

Fault Location:
Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor - circuit low

Possible Cause:
Wiring short to earth.
Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor.

As taken from my http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f9/free-eobd-ii-error-codes-software-2919/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed (sort of)

It was the spring in the actuator control that was bad. Put a spring on the rod temporarily. Dealer says have to buy a new turbo. I'm hoping to find a used one with a good actuator control. Thanks All.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You can buy them new from these guys: http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2054

However, they have the note: Please note that this WILL NOT FIT the Borg Warner KP39 Turbo that's OE on the BEW engine, or the BRM turbo.

The dealer can't sell them because VW doesn't have it as a separate part number. Yours looks like this:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts