VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I replaced my 1993 Mazda 626 with a new 2011 red Jetta TDI one month and 900 miles ago. First car I've bought in 18 years! The DSG is the first automatic transmission I've owned, and this is my first diesel. This is my second Volkswagon. The first was a 1981 gas Rabbit.

I don't have the Navigation package, and am sort of disappointed in the voice command / bluetooth / MFD interface with my iPhone 3gs, which seems to be quite a step down from either the nav package or previous years with a full MFD.

But I love driving the car, and thanks for the break-in info. I've been running in sport mode or psudo manual to keep away from low RPMs / high torque.

At some point, I'll probably get the VCDS from Ross Tech to have a little more control.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow, what a big jump ahead. Despite the new Jetta's loss of features it's still light years ahead of your 626.welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The MFD interface - bluetooth limitation is because they now use a half screen display for all Jetta even if you get the nav pacakge. The nav package does show phone info on its screen though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts