VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Jetta TDI. I'm dealing with a P1557 code indicating Boost Deviation Positive. According to this site, it means my N75 may be bad/malfunctioning. Along with changing vacuum hoses, I'm planning to replace the N75 however it looks like I have two??? Which one do I replace? The one on the left has a black top and has part number "1J0 906 627" and the one on the right has a white top with part number "1J0 906 627A". Please advise. What do each of these do?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think that's the EGR solenoid, you can try switching them temporarily to test them. If the code comes back, or the EGR solenoid registers as bad, you found which one is bad. You could try wd-40 and cleaning it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so the one on the right is the N75 for the turbo and the one on the left is known as the EGR solenoid. Thanks. Even though the EGR solenoid is missing the 'A' at the end of its part number, would it still be alright to replace it with the same part as the N75 part, or do I need a different part?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes, swap them to test them. I don't know the long term effects of swapping but they will function fine as a test or short term. Maybe there's a small difference in the solenoid, who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts