VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a symbol show up on the dash cluster that looked alot like a clock symbol. Took it to the dealer and aked what it was the service person at the desk did nopt know and went and asked the mechanics in the shop. The trouble codes were disabled and it has not shown again. Fixing for me is not just turning the light off. What was the machine wanting?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had a symbol show up on the dash cluster that looked alot like a clock symbol. Took it to the dealer and aked what it was the service person at the desk did nopt know and went and asked the mechanics in the shop. The trouble codes were disabled and it has not shown again. Fixing for me is not just turning the light off. What was the machine wanting?
You didn't happen to have the cruise control turned on, did you? Not necessarily engaged, merely on...the symbol VW uses for the cruise is either the word 'cruise' or...a dial-like symbol that looks rather more like a clock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The symbol appeared allong with the wrench symbol. My dash is digital with the tack and speedo anaolg.

Thanks guys any other ideas?

Richard

·
Registered
74 Posts
A wrench & a clock? To me, that says "time for service". The fact that it went away after an oil change (especially if done at a dealer) backs that up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The clock is something that the techs at the local VW dealership didn't recognize. Any other words of wisdom?

Richard

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Service reminder for timing belt replacdement is my understanding. Don't know the mileage on your car but does that make sense?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts