VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I recently purchased a 57 plate 2.0l tdi 170 passat estate, I liked the look of them and needed an estate for my dog who ruined the back seats of my old car. Ive had the car a month now and have had it go into limp mode twice with the engine fault light staying on. the first time I took it back to the dealer who repaired it and told me to drive it harder as the soot had built up in the exhaust and needed clearing out. But it has come on a second time now which makes me think this is not the case. Im currently waiting for the rac to arrive and hopefully they will diagnose the problem for me. Will they tell me the fault code for the problem? so i can take it back to the dealer with the problem diagnosed. Other than that its a beautiful car and just what i need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fault code

So the rac man has been and found the fault code p0299 "turbocharger under boost condition short circuit to positive" he told me it requires further investigation. Any ideas please.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Check out this FAQ article, http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/limp-mode-TDI-fix.htm

It has most of the causes of that error code and background information. Best case, cracked vacuum line. Worst case, the turbo vanes are seized and require cleaning or turbo replacement. I would start isolating the problem down so you pay less when you bring it into the dealer.

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts