VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bangshead:bangshead:bangsheadI recreantly took my 2010 Jetta TDI in for an oil change and they said they I had to have a VW mandated re-flash done on my car. After the re-flash my mileage went from an average of 44 to about 35. Has anyone had this problem on their TDI? And does anyone have any way to fix this besides taking it back to the idiots at VW??

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
15k service or 40k? (sorry I am in Canada, assuming similar 1st and 2nd services for US). I have done the 15k service but nothing was reflashed that I know of and no change to mileage...just go back to the dealer and ask what is going on

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
When you say the mileage has decreased do you mean the overhaul mileage or you average fuel con?

If they disconnected the battery for some reason that will reset all settings that one way to clear them to default as they did that on mine when they tried to get the digital gear indicator showing. The overhaul mileage was correct but the trip went back to zero and so did the average fuel con.

I don't think you overhaul mileage has lost some its just the fuel con and trip else people would keep doing this to show less mileage on the clock. Obviously yours isn't a new car but the dealer can reset the overhaul mileage back to zero (as you can with VCDS) on new cars if they have done a lot of delivery mileage providing its less than 100km but this can only be done once.

Mine goes in for its first service next Tuesday so I will see what things they cockup then. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has been 2000 miles sence the service and I only use shell diesel. When they re-flashed my car they said it was to improve emissions I'm going to try and take it back tommaro or Thursday and I'll let you all know what they say or do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts