VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 jetta TDI 5 speed. Its a great car and enjoy the car very much. I am in the process of getting ready to replace the cam bearings as well the timing belt. I will be showing my appreciation for the excellent how to on this subject as i would not attempt this without the thorough write up, pictures and necessary tools. I will be doing it this week end. Looking forward to your other how to's James

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Make sure to have ALL your NEW expansion bolts, NEW Alertnator Belt, gaskets, NEW OIL, proper coolant, new (metal Vane)water pump, New Idler, locking crank shaft mechanism, Torque Wrench, paint stick (to mark your cam shaft), timing belt tensioner tool. I recomend power washing the underneath of your skid plates and quickly clean engine off under hood. I sugest changing water pump NOW, as it is exposed and belt is off. If you are a decent Mechanic and have air tools, total job about 4 to 6 hrs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the run down. Looks like I have everything although i was putting out fires on friday. Lets hope I can do it in 6 hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts