VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I own a 2005.5 jetta and bought it new. I have not made any mods, just maintaining it stock so far. Major problems when I first bought the car were due to getting bad fuel. It would idol rough and check engine light would come on. Haven't had that problem in quite some time.

The most recent chalenge was the blower for the heat and a/c. Found out the hard way that if you don't keep a watch on the charcoal impregnated filter that the fan will eventually pull the charcoal through and foul itself. Normally not a big deal but VW really loves their fans and wanted $380 to replace. Also my fan seems to be odd and has eight prongs with only four in use. I finally found a used VW fan out of a 2005.5 diesel for $60 but when I got it, saw that it only had 2 prongs. When I took apart the old fan the fan itself had only two prongs so I have that permanently rigged and it works perfect. If anyone is in this boat and needs a detailed explanation let me know. Not hard to do but a little complicated to explain.

Projects coming up are the fifth gear mod and timing belt change. Haven't decided if I am just going to let the dealer do the belt ot take that on myself. So far this seems to be a great site and I look forward to meeting other members.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome. I've never heard of that thing about the fan prongs. Thanks for mentioning it. FYI there is a writeup contest on this site for new original writeups but they must have step by step pictures, that would have been a good one!

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts