VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to vw, and this is my first diesel that i own personally. Purchased a 2006 jetta 1.9 brm with a 6speed dsg for $500. Everything is great for 8 to 10 miles then you had better pull off, PRND flashes and the car wont go anymore. Let it cool down and it will go another round. Previous owner put 70,000 miles on the car and did not service the dsg, total milage is 220,000. He had obd done and all he can tell me is "a solenoid in the transmission" lol. I ordered up a transmission service kit, plus the other basics oil, air and fuel. Also i got a vcds to read the codes with. Plan on giving it a dsg service and changing oil, air filter, and fuel filter in a couple of days. From research i think it is probably the mechanatronics, but am hoping fresh fluid and filter will help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also plan on running vcds while driving to fault to monitor so any modules i should watch would also be a great help. Hoping to come in under $1500 and have the car back road worthy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to vw, and this is my first diesel that i own personally. Purchased a 2006 jetta 1.9 brm with a 6speed dsg for $500. Everything is great for 8 to 10 miles then you had better pull off, PRND flashes and the car wont go anymore. Let it cool down and it will go another round. Previous owner put 70,000 miles on the car and did not service the dsg, total milage is 220,000. He had obd done and all he can tell me is "a solenoid in the transmission" lol. I ordered up a transmission service kit, plus the other basics oil, air and fuel. Also i got a vcds to read the codes with. Plan on giving it a dsg service and changing oil, air filter, and fuel filter in a couple of days. From research i think it is probably the mechanatronics, but am hoping fresh fluid and filter will help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also plan on running vcds while driving to fault to monitor so any modules i should watch would also be a great help. Hoping to come in under $1500 and have the car back road worthy.
I've got 2011 Chevy Cruze for sale...

Sent from my SM-A207F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
It is definitely your mechatronic. Don’t waste your time or money changing the Tran fluid. Do it when you swap mechatronic. Change the speed sensor as well while you have mechatronic removed. You will need vcds to adapt it to your computer. May the force be with you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts