VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have just taken delivery on a 2011 GOLF TDI DSG with cold weather package, Sunroof and Dynaudio.
I live in Westford, MA USA.
This morning it was 6 degrees F and it started right up, so I'm pretty happy about that.
The only modification I am considering is a backup camera, so if anyone has any experience with that I would be happy to hear about it.
First 60 miles were great.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
If you're willing to get the OEM RNS 510 GPS system you can add the OEM backup camera. If you have the RCD 510 stock radio, although it has a screen it's not possible to add the camera to it. FYI, think about using a cold weather lubricity additive, it'll make the car a little happier and help lubricate the fuel.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Lyleshaw. I live in Wilton NH, and commute to Marlboro Ma. I agree with Chitty, that you should use a lubricity additive. I use Stanadyne lubricity formula. I have also found the Sunoco station at exit 7 in Nashua sells B2 Biodiesel. I had experienced some of the hiccups early on, when using Shell Diesel. I switched to Irving, and left all that behind me.. Drive On !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lubricity Additive

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully we are past the really cold weather now. I am a little leery of the biodiesel, at least until the warranty expires. Glad to hear that you are having good luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts