VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

longtime-lurker and first-time poster here with a question for you all; if I set up a second reverse camera module and reverse camera, can I splice it into my cars existing camera cabling and mimic the signal sent by a reverse gear engagement with a button?

I’m trying to find ways of setting up a second camera that I can face into my Estate’s boot so I can keep an eye on the dog whilst on long journeys.

I’d like to utilise a push-switch system with the free button slots I’ve got in the centre console and need to camera feed to work with the RNS510 that I’ve already got fitted.

I appreciate that there’s more than one way to skin a cat, so I know that there may be easier ways to do achieve my goal (and I’m not against hearing them if they meet the above criteria).

I’ll be starting a build thread for my car in the MK6 forum but I wanted to tap the larger pool of potential information here first.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
Hello all,

longtime-lurker and first-time poster here with a question for you all; if I set up a second reverse camera module and reverse camera
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Why do you need another reversing camera?

Post moved to correct section. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
And don’t worry about me scarpering; the bug has well and truly bitten so I expect to be around for a while!
Well make an intro its a simple operation, you can remove VW from Car: as we know who makes the Golf and please put in the year?. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts