VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2011 2-door Golf TDI. I ordered both front and rear "mud flaps" (I prefer spray guards) from the local dealer. Front fit fine. Rear are not even close. The package says "VW Golf 2004>>" There are a lot of numbers on the package, among them are TG 028 B03 and 1KO 075 101 and 409-427. These are not the right parts. Does anyone know the correct VW part number for the rear mudflaps? :dunno

thanks,

Frog

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks. I called the dealer. He checked, found your numbers are correct; ordered the correct parts and agreed to take the wrong ones back, even though the front have been already installed. (They did fit, but do not look just right.) I think they should be a little wider at the bottom.

Frog.

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MUD Flaps in Dealers

Terry VW called this afternoon. My new mud flaps are in. I will pick them up on Friday and get some pictures of them installed with the painted side body moulding. My molding is in the same place as the GTI so is a little different from the gray one posted on site.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mo' mud flap

I got the new, correct parts yesterday and installed them. No problem at all from the dealer as I will still have to return the now used front ones that were for the mk5 body style. (The parts counter was short handed and a non-parts guy ordered the right parts, but for the wrong car.) The new ones do fit better, the rear were right on. The new front ones have a bolt that is supposed to go up from a tab on the bottom, tie into the plastic floor pan of the car with a plastic nut above. I was unable to figure out how to do this, and am not sure why it is needed. Maybe later. The flaps (spray guards) are not as intrusive to the appearance of the car as I was afraid they might be. The lower center of the rear bumper cover is the same color of black as the spray guards, so they sort of coordinate. Over the years, the car sould maintain its looks better without rock chips and road asphalt all over the bottom behind the wheels. I think I am done with exterior mods unless someone knows where to get a small chin spoiler to go under the front bumper cover.

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Yes they look ok all you need now is the GTD/GTI sill guards. ;)

Side member trim left - 5K0 853 855 B 9B9 - £83.46
Side member trim right - 5K0 853 856 B 9B9 - £83.46

1 - 7 of 7 Posts