VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
p3101 - 000 - open or short to ground

Cleaned out my egr system a few thousand kms ago. Engine light came on, cleared it, but this code coming up on vagcom.

My understanding is this is the big flap on the EGR housing on the intake.

Surely someone out there has had same problem.. (This is adding to my reasons for EGR deletes !!!!!!!!)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Try checking the wiring harness. Could also take the valve apart and see if you can spot something inside. Sometimes people clean the pins and rebend them and it fixes it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah ill take er apart this week and maybe spray some wd40 around the flaps inside just incase and give the plug a good clean. It happened so soon after i cleaned it to be something else

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try checking the wiring harness. Could also take the valve apart and see if you can spot something inside. Sometimes people clean the pins and rebend them and it fixes it.
So F24 10amp fuse was out... Put new one in, getting intake valve 'malfunction' code.. Few min later fuse blows again and get the same P3101 code open circuit.
So, I think its safe to say the valve is fucked eh!

·
Super Moderator
9,413 Posts
VAG Error Code: 19557/012545

EOBD II Error Code: P3101

Fault Location:
Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157)- Open Circuit/Short Circuit to Earth

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Increased Fuel Consumption.
Engine shut-off delayed/rough.
Insufficient Acceleration above 100-120 km/h (60-70 mph).

Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s) short to earth.
Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157).

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
Check/Replace Motor for Intake Manifold Flap 1 (V157).

Special Notes:
The Intake Manifold Flap 1 (V157) has a Function in the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and in shutting off the diesel engine.

As taken from my Free EOBD II Error Codes software

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VAG Error Code: 19557/012545

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB). <---- how you do that???
Check/Replace Motor for Intake Manifold Flap 1 (V157).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, got a used one yesterday. The old one had 2 chipped gear teeth (ill post pic later).
Installed the new one, STILL getting code!

This one hasnt blown the 10a fuse but even without the car running, plugged in new one and cleared codes and "MALFUNCTION INTAKE MANIFOLD" still comes up.. (Open circuit one is gone for good now with fuse replacement)

The used one seems to work, can turn the flap and hear the motor going and everything. Considering the old one was actually broken and - does this sound like wiring issue then?

I mean used one COULD be faulty but comparing them both I would say the new one looks good, and for the car to throw the code immediately without being turned over seems strange

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, got a used one yesterday. The old one had 2 chipped gear teeth (ill post pic later).
Installed the new one, STILL getting code!

This one hasnt blown the 10a fuse but even without the car running, plugged in new one and cleared codes and "MALFUNCTION INTAKE MANIFOLD" still comes up.. (Open circuit one is gone for good now with fuse replacement)

The used one seems to work, can turn the flap and hear the motor going and everything. Considering the old one was actually broken and - does this sound like wiring issue then?

I mean used one COULD be faulty but comparing them both I would say the new one looks good, and for the car to throw the code immediately without being turned over seems strange
Hy there. Did you fix the error? It happened the same to me. I changed to new one and still error is there.thanx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts