VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what I need to do to get my turbo to whistle louder I’ve thought about straight pipe new down pipe and a silencer delete but am Unsure of what all codes I’ll throw or if Doing any of the things I listed will affect the car in any way with out haveing a tune any help or advice is appropriated

·
Registered
15 Posts
For off highway purposes you could go with a turbo to stock muffler straight pipe- it’ll give you lots of turbo whine without an overly loud exhaust or bad droning on the highway. You will have to pair it with an engine tune or your car will not run properly at all, as a significant amount of the exhaust system is involved in a complex electromechanical feedback loop to the ecu...
I heard tell of a MK6 JSW with a similar setup from tunemyeuro / buzzken as well as a Malone stage 2 that is pretty good. Overall cost around $1200 when you do all the work yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been thinking about doing a Malone stage 2 tune but was unsure if I needed a new dmf or a turbo upgrade or even a new down pipe or cold air

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve been thinking about doing a Malone stage 2 tune but was unsure if I needed a new dmf or a turbo upgrade or even a new down pipe or cold air
Just get a full buzz Ken straight pipe and "stage" 2. It's nothing crazy , I commute with it and it's nice but nothing crazy at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI- with my Malone S2 I am currently on my 3rd DMF. (Last one made it less than 15k) I dunno if I have bad luck or just need to take it easier... All the peoples who are in the expert category for these cars advise a SMF will be the death of the steel synchronizers in the gearbox and should not be run. I do not currently know of a heavy-duty DMF.
again: bad luck? Or related? Dunno.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts