VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an earlier post I stated I modified "Ported" my EGR valve. I was going to install a race pipe but wanted to keep the anti-shudder valve. Now I have some pictures to show. If anyone that doesn't have the equipment to do it on their own, I would be willing to do exchanges. I basically used a die grinder to remove the bosses inside the bore and removed the valve plunger and epoxied the hole. No need for a block off plate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Cool, I've ordered up the Bosio Powerplus 764 nozzles but will need to get them balanced and deffinitely going to do something with the exhaust, I was also hearing that the pd 130/150 intake fits straight on too.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
:thumbsup That is what I would have done because I too like the anti shudder valve.

Many people use a block off plate because it's easier for them but I can see the advantage of this: it removes the restriction of the valve and oil weep. Of course, you'll need ECU tuning so there will be no check engine light.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ECU tuning is in the list of things to do. I also just installed a VDO boost gauge in the dash (cubby above the radio). The needle vibrates terribly and makes the unit buzz very loud. Never saw this before, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
its not an electronic gauge right? ... I'm not sure what VDO is.. :eek:

but if it is pneumatic(you have an air line running from the charge pipe to the guage), some people install a small air filter inline so they get smooth operation because pressure in the charge pipe is far from smooth :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts