VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coupon expires 1/31/2011. $32.95 includes 5 liters and a Mobil 1 filter. No Mobil 1 filter is available for our TDI engine, so get one for another car you have or get one for a neighbor. My local Pep Boys has lowered the ESP oil price to the same price as regular Mobil 1, so the difference between quart and liter didn't bother them and the coupon is honored. Just trying to help out my fellow DIY'ers. :)

http://www.pepboys.com/sale_specials/coupons/3295_mobil1_oil_change_cp/

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 liter jug at Walmart is $22.
For MKVI TDI the jugs at Wallie World don't include VW 507 oil, i.e., you can't get the ESP 5W30 oil in the jugs. Regular M1 5W30, sure.

And you can't get Mobil 1 0W40 (for VW 502 spec cars like my .:R32) anywhere in the jugs, either.
Mobil 1 oil filters are 8 dollars each. So the coupon is a bargain for the TDI. ESP is generally $7.99 to $8.50 per liter at Pep Boys, the only place near me that sells it.

I like to save money and live better by going to Wallie World, but I can't save much there on oil for a MKVI TDI engine, if I don't want to forfeit the warranty.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in Virginia at my Pep Boys, Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 is now 11.99 per liter. Cheaper to buy SLP Castrol from the dealer at that price. Recently Pep Boys has had Mobil 1 on sale but not the ESP. But you do get "points" at Pep Boys that entitle you to a discount after a certain amount of purchases. My dealer currently has a $59 oil and filter change special. Not too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts