VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a mk7 sportwagon that I use to drive to work. It has 90k on it and runs great. Now the issue im losing oil. Pulled the plastic belly pan off no leaks intake is clean coolant is clean and exhaust tips are spotless and last but not least no smoke. I'm baffled. I have a very strong magnet on my drain plug and it doesn't show any signs of it eating itself up. I'm losing a quart every 1000 miles or so. Any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your description sounds (to me) like a valve seal/quide problem. No smoke, no leaks but an inexplicable loss of oil. If so, your oil is getting burned in small quantities along with your fuel. Not critical but it should be fixed. As repairs go, not too expensive. As I recall, it cost me about $450 for my old 5-cylinder Mercedes Diesel.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Do you have any oil in your intercooler? What kind of oil change interval are you using? Are you running mostly diesel #2?
You could also take it in and have a cylinder leakdown test done on it and find out exactly what condition your engine is in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts