VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all newbie here im from Hartlepool

I have a vw golf 2010 gt tdi 20l and it wont start at all been told it was ECU at fault so bought a new/second hand one from a working car that was for breaking and all the numbers were the same. had it cloned with my old one now its saying immobilizer active and when I do a diagnostics on it its showing the following faults codes 5642 0 P160A CTRT MODULE FAULTY [ STATIC] has any one come accros this fault and solved the problem.

all help would be very appreciated thanks and hope someone can help me ?

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

You posted the same thread on another good forum I use. I asked what you used to get that error code as I don't have it listed. You said Snap On which is a good generic scanner.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry about not putting it in the right section I must of got confused with posting it on 2 sites only put it on the 2 sites in the hope that they might of been one on here that's not on the other.

yes I got your reply on the other one and thanks very much for your interest in my problem. ill get it plugged in the week as im waiting on another second hand ECU coming and will get it plugged in when it comes the second hand ECU I got most of the numbers are the same as the original one of the car but I think the other one is a bad clone and that's why I was asking if I would need to get this one cloned or would it just work once I get the immobliser activated on it ??

ill let you no the outcome soon as I have it done and will post any codes that may be there.

CHEERS Keith

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
You can't plug in a second hand ecu unless the part number is exactly the same. Each ecu is setup the a specific vehicle, they aren't plug and play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Keith

Could I buy a full ECU kit with body control module. under bonnet fuse board. and speedo and full ignition with keys from a gt tdi 20l 140 brake. would this kit go on my car and work my ECU is CBAB and the kit I can buy is CFFB from same model as mine just mine is a 2010 and the kit is from a 2012 ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts