VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, long time lurker first time poster.

The 14mm triple square rear caliper bracket bolts are listed as reccomended single use bolts. Would repeated use cause the bracket to touch the rotor? I am replacing the pads and rotors on a 2013 JSW. Front ones went easy the rears are giving me a problem. When I tighten the carrier/bracket bolts the bracket binds against the rotor. The bolts had corrosion and have obviously been reused. I could also hear a dragging noise when reversing. I have ordered new bolts if that doesn't work I will send the rotors back.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Hello, long time lurker first time poster.

The 14mm triple square rear caliper bracket bolts are listed as reccomended single use bolts.
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

I'm not aware that caliper bolts are single use only, where have you read this?

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
The danger with reusing TTY bolts is if they are yielded (torqued per the maintenance manual) a second time, they will fail in service. Given that, on my 2006 I reused the bolts and they have been fine for 80K miles. I just didn't yield them a second time. If they were rusty I would have changed them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Copy that I went ahead and replaced them. The bolts were fairly rusty and the rotors were rusted and flaking apart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts