VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added to the 2009-2010 and mk5 vs. mk6 article:
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/09_10_TDIdifferences.htm

Below is the mk5 style side view mirror. It's rounder and has larger turn signals on it. The signal extends to the edge to let you see it blink when it's on.

Below is the mk6 style side view mirror. It has a small square window to let you see the turn signal blinking.

The person who provided the Golf also pointed out the windshield trim. The Golf has this extra piece of rounded trim shown below. The mk5 Jetta doesn't have it. It should help quiet wind noise.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, thanks again for donating your car for some scan time. It was very helpful. I wouldn't have caught the windshield trim difference but there it is. I thought that maybe my windshield had been replaced and they didn't put the trim back but I checked classifieds and sure enough, they didn't have it either. It looks like it could be glued on as a retrofit but it doesn't bother me. It looks like the part number MAY be 5k0 854 319 c 5ap for the left side (5k0854319c 5ap), 5k0 854 320 c 5ap for the right side (5k0854319c 5ap).

·
Registered
135 Posts
and that windshield trim also prevents water from being thrown from your windshield in heavy rains. One will notice when your wiper does it's upward movement toward the A Pillar then back, the water will also be pushed back down into your field of vision.

I'm no engineer, but this should have been expected when they designed this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts