VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced my EGR valve on my mk5 tdi because it was leaking! now i cant get above 35mpg, car goes in limp mode between 80 to 90 miles an hour and emissions check light comes on from time to time then goes off...

Please help

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
There must be a loose hose or broken vacuum line somewhere. The EGR hoses could also have been broken. Look for soot around the back of the engine and take a look in the FAQ for the limp mode troubleshooting article to get started. Getting error codes so you can see what the car is trying to tell you is a start.

Also, post moved to mk5 section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
error comes up with turbo over boost! I.e (egr valve) (throttle pedal) (faulty turbo....new four months ago) (boost pressure regulater)

Stuck stuck stuck..........?????????

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Turbo overboost means the car's sensors see too much turbo boost and send the car into limp mode to prevent any damage.

It could be vacuum lines, turbo actuator, turbo vanes, faulty sensors or wiring, many possible causes. Find out exactly what the code is and datalog the turbo boost for some more suggestions.

Since you changed the boost pressure regulator it's probably not that. It's probably not the throttle pedal because there are check sensors there and if it were bad you'd be getting error codes and 1200 rpm max.

·
Registered
139 Posts
error comes up with turbo over boost! I.e (egr valve) (throttle pedal) (faulty turbo....new four months ago) (boost pressure regulater)

Stuck stuck stuck..........?????????
What's stuck, the turbo? The throttle? It shouldn't be the new EGR or N75. What was the EGR leaking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im mean stuck as in please assist... Ha ha nothing stuck.

Diaphram was leaking on the egr valve (oil).
I have not changed the boost pressure regulator yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts