VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2003 Jetta alh tdi. The car was running great, but just recently the e-brake light would come on and stay on. I changed the e-brake switch, but that didn’t work. So I changed some of the fuses, now when I go to start my car, I’ll turn the key to warm the plugs, and absolutely no lights appear on the dash, then the car will start and die after 2 seconds consistently... I have two key fobs and now the keys don’t work in the door to open them manually, just with the fob button. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Sounds like a bad cluster.
You're a newbie here so welcome and I'm sure a mod is gone to chime in and tell you about the FAQ section and give you a few lashings...
Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe when I was messing with the fuses I pulled the cluster fuse? It was running and driving perfectly before I touched any of the fuses

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Use a continuity tester to check the fuses. I like a beep to tell me they're good.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I ended up going through the whole fuse panel and replacing all of them, just to be sure, still now luck

·
Super Moderator
9,339 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.
Sorry man, didn’t realize that haha, definitely here to stay, I have 3 vdubs rn lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts