VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Mk4 Clutch.. Which one?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Russ 
#1 ·
Greetings all-
New to the site but have been adding mods to my TDI for some time. Have an 03 ALH Jetta w/ 3" SS Turbo back exh, upgraded injectors, Malone tune, boost valve, EGR Rem, etc.. etc.. Been driving for about 5k now w/ current setup, and of course have now experienced some chutch slippage. As expected I guess. I plan to add a 17/22 in the spring, so I figured now is a good time to take care of the clutch issue.

Considering the current and planned mods, I have looked at a number of different performance clutches, but was hoping for some advice. I'm considering the SBC stage2 (330tq), but am not 100% certain this will suffice. I believe it will as I don't see my setup producing more tq than that, but am not sure.

Anyone else have similar mods and have input? Clutch brand, model, experience (clutch feel, SMF noise, etc).

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
clutch slippage

I also have mk4 clutch, noticed slippage following injector replacement and kerma chip mod.It was suggested to me to use the vr6 cluch with single mass flywheel.Hope this help's.I also need some guidence to realise full potential of my modification's

#4 ·
I also have mk4 clutch, noticed slippage following injector replacement and kerma chip mod.It was suggested to me to use the vr6 cluch with single mass flywheel.Hope this help's.I also need some guidence to realise full potential of my modification's
That will work, there could be some fine tuning with the chip tuning now that you don't have to worry about the clutch slipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.