VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, can any one help me.
My golf 1.9 tdi mk3 had a sudden lack of power, it went from good power driving along nicely to no power but managed to limp 1 mile to village. But its not limp mode. think its fuel pump or throttle. Its getting fuel to the pump and from pump to injectors(did test bypass fuel tank- fuel from container to fuel pump and it slightly offers)
prior to sudden lack of power there's been a small flat spot between 2800-3000revs only in 4th and 5th gear but pumping the throttle helps go through it. cheers paddy...

·
Registered
482 Posts
It's probably not the throttle. A code scanner would quickly tell you if it were the throttle. Did this happen overnight or did you suddenly get hit with limp? The intake has a rubber elbow near the EGR which tends to split from heat and age.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, It's a golf N reg 1.9 tdi 90bhp with a chip. I was going along nice in the turbo and the it just cut out but drove real bad. can you start and idel you car in limp mood? cause it won't offer at all.
Can't see no split, will have a closer look tomorrow, the way it cut was like something stopped working not like splutter (fuel filter) Don't no much about fuel pump or EGR, looks a bit rusty back there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts