VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm swapping the 1.6td out of a 93 golf TD into my Mk2 GTI. I want to be able to make descent HP out of it, so I have a few questions:

- What kind of transmission could i use ( i already have the hydraulic pedal cluster and the appropriate linkage installed from a previous vr swap.)

-Easiest way to get hp gains - Injectors? Intercooler? Larger Turbo?

-The fuel pump is mechanical, so how to tune it to a diffrent turbo?

Haha, first post on Myturbodiesel.com ... Lets see what you guys are made of!

Cool DIY section by the way!

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Get a better engine:p How'd you like them apples:D

I'm not sure how you do it but I know a guy who ran a 1z with mechanical pump at 270bhp so it can be done but for me it would be the 1.9 tdi everytime.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read pretty impressive things about the 1.6 though! Things like:

I can tune the boost through the mechanical fuel pump
Stock turbo stock fuel pump stock engine = 20 psi with no Chip and no engine light.

But, i have yet to try it myself. That's why I'm still looking for answers... especially for the Transmission. Can i run a Mk4 TDI transmission? or anything with a hydraulic clutch?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Now that I don't know, I've not really had much experience with the 1.6. The 1z I was talking about though, the guy got the IP converted to be mechanical so he could do the same sort of idea. I'm going to google this idea of tuning the 1.6 though and see what I can find, there must be others out there who have all the answers if not some of them anyway.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts