VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
MK for cruise control not working. I removed a 1.9 ALH with the computer and all sensors from a 99 Jetta. Installed it into a 88 Toyota four-wheel-drive pick up. Installed the Jetta instrument cluster into the Toyota pick up, as well as cruise control switches. Unable to get cruise control to work. Used scanner went to six digit display, all zeros are Changing two ones, as clutch is operated, brake is operated, cruise control switches are operated. While in the cruise control section, I get a speed reading, So speed sensor appears to be working. I do have a code for ABS module missing, and occasionally EGR and add a shutter valve, as I deleted them. Don’t know if any of those codes could keep the cruise from working? Or is there possibly a wire I missed that goes to injection pump or throttle pedal? Confused because everything seems to function on scanner, when operated.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
If it keeps throwing codes for the ABS and EGR/antishutter, the easiest thing to do is send the ECU for a tune out.
If you said the harness and plugged everything in correctly then the ABS might be able to cause this. Seems like there's a fault with the switches.

Search here for the answers some more for better results:

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out it was a bad cruise control switch. When diagnosing the operation of the switches with a scanner, the fifth digit was 0. And the sixth digit was a one. (000001) apparently when the cruise is turned on, both the fifth and sixth digits need to be ones,(000011)My ABS bus missing code, EGR code, and anti shudder valve code, had nothing to do with my issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts