VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with the immobiliser on a Mk 4 Golf. When I put the ignition key in it doesn't always turn off the immobiliser so you can't start the engine. Under these conditions the immobiliser light is flashing. Same with both keys. I believe it's an immo 2.

Sometimes it takes upwards of 10 tries before it works. Usually at the most inconvenient times. Then it's alright again for weeks. Very annoying.

Found this page

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/immo-2-vw-audi.htm

which seems to be the most useful info on the internet on this problem.

I have the key tag with the secret number and a key that will work in the locks. Next time it happens I'd like to try the emergency start procedure in the link above, but not sure which number is the SKC.

There are 2 labels on the key with numbers that might be the SKC.

Is it the 4 digit number behind the scratch off label, or is it the last 4 digits of the 5 digit number that starts with a zero on the other label?

·
Registered
482 Posts
The picture in the FAQ shows it on the left of the scratch off tag. It's the shorter one, not the longer one.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scratched it off and it's a 4 digit number. I'd have bet any money THAT was the SKC!

Anyway, next time it plays up I'll give it a try with the 'key code' less the leading zero and post the results back here.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts