VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new Black TDI. I just finished filling out my first J.D. Power survey and gave it very high marks.
The one thing I really miss, however, is that wonderful blue instrument lighting.
Is there any way to replace the white back to the blue?
This would be a nice after-market option.
Just on the two main instrument clusters.

Your thoughts....

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It wouldn't match the rest of the lighting in the MFD. I would be that you could remove the instrument cluster and resolder the LEDs with blue LEDs. I would just give it time to get used to it. You could also put light blue paint on the LEDs or a blue film over the instrument gauges but it would block some of the light. This assumes that it uses LEDs but I don't see why it wouldn't.

·
Registered
67 Posts
White's better for night vision than blue. It would be cool if they would let you choose the colors though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love my new Black TDI. I just finished filling out my first J.D. Power survey and gave it very high marks.
The one thing I really miss, however, is that wonderful blue instrument lighting.
Is there any way to replace the white back to the blue?
This would be a nice after-market option.
Just on the two main instrument clusters.

Your thoughts....
I also filled out my JD Power survey but I listed the issues/items that need to be changed...low quality easy to soil and collect lint fabric, and a couple other minor things. Otherwise rated very highly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts