VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, first post....

MIL light came on a few days ago. Steady not blinking. No other warning lights on. Car drives normally. Called dealer, earliest appointment for Friday and said car was fine to drive as long as MIL is steady and not blinking.

Searching past posts found this fault associated with everthing from the software being too sensitive causing the fault and they have a software flash to remedy. Or I also read some reports where they replace the O2 sensors. Or others with EGR issues.

Wondering if anyone has any advice on what the dealer should be doing and how concerned I should be this. Also, this should all be covered under warranty, right? Thanks for the advice. Ill post back after the service visit.

GOLF TDI – DSG bought in March 2010. Door sticker has a build of 1/2010. 8646 miles, garaged at night, live in NJ and has been very cold. Not sure if climate has anything to do with this. Fuel from same Shell station since ownership. No other issues in almost a year of ownership.

Hooked up to VCDS and received this fault:
000315 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2: Response too Slow Lean to Rich
P013B - 000 - - - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 13821 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2011.14.01

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
This is a warranty issue, it should not have anything to do with the cold temperatures. This could be the o2 sensor problem due to the code. Please report back if it's fixed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
its not a big deal.. a quick flash fixes the problem of the rear o2 being too sensitive.. on the new cars before being delivered we were changing the rear o2's as well.. Have done a bunch already..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back from dealer for the MIL 000315 / P013B fault

First time in for service. I never did the initial free checkup or 5000 mile one. Since the car was close to 9k they did the 10k mile service. I reminded them about the 507 oil and not to overfill. This reminder didnt seem to upset them. Popped hood and checked oil level before leaving and it was spot on. Invoice states 4 of the 507 oil. Didnt ask for used bottles for verification. Overall, very impressed with this first service visit after reading a lot of horror stories online.

In addition to the 10k service invoice states:
1) 23602599 - Perform ECM Software Update
2) 80554999 - Secure Driver Side Footwell Vent
3) 97942599 - Perform Body Control Module Software

Doesnt mention that they replaced O2 sensors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only have Miss Shannon (aka Golf TDI) back 1 day. Going to have my neighbor with the rosstech scan again end of week.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts